Trip Report Explorer Ventures Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was on the boat in march of 2008. The boat was clean and well run. The crew was excelent. It is an older boat and they don't try to tell you anything differerent in their advertising. If you look at their photos they didn't airbrush out anything. Anyone who has spent any time on a boat knows that at times there are smells. Its a small area with items that can potentally smell a lot, heads and diesel to be a few. If they run the generator at the dock and the stern is into the wind there will be some diesel smell. I never noticed any smells that I didn't expect. As far as the water we had no similar problems there was plenty of clean hot water. The week we were there the cook was off and we still had no problems it wasn't five star but the food was good and plentyful.

Last edited:
I do understand that they are going to be using the Carribbean Explorer II for this run in 2009. Not sure if they are retiring the Caribbean explorer I or if they are just going to refit it.

IIRC the Explorer I was previously in T & C until they bought the Explorer II. Then they moved the Explorer I up to the Bahamas. Our group was on one of the first trips with the CE II. It is a very nice boat and crew. It sounds like JF is still captain.

Just got notified by Explorer Ventures::)

Dear Valued Guest,

This notice is to inform you that some recent changes within Explorer Ventures fleet have turned out in your favor!! Due to the up-coming retirement of the Caribbean Explorer I vessel, we have chosen to run split itineraries with our Caribbean Explorer II vessel. This means that we will run the Bahamas itinerary beginning March 21st-Sept 12th 2009 with the Caribbean Explorer II vessel. The following link will guide you to the vessel layout. Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Live-Aboard Diving

Your upcoming trip with Explorer Ventures is scheduled during this time. This means that you will be getting a substantial upgrade from the cabin and boat you originally booked with us!! You will pay no additional fees for the upgrade and enjoy much nicer accommodations!! You will receive an updated invoice soon noting the vessel change. If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call @ 800.322.3577 ext 1. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the Bahamas!!

Regards,

Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving

Wow, I was on this boat in January and although it is an older boat we had no issues. Great food, plenty of hot water and my toilet always flushed. There was always a big bottle of drinking water on the dive deck. Just goes to show you how employees can effect ones business. The engineer on the boat at that time was an Aussie, and he was very attentive to any problems. I was thinking about booking another trip next January as I loved the diving, especially on San Salvador. Hopefully they get her fixed up. To be honest with you, I don't know how they do it. These boats are on the ocean week after week and really don't have much down time.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom