Trip report - Bonaire Nov 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sys1wcb

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just back from a week in Bonaire at Divi Flamingo.
The diving was great. Good boat, not crowded, good divemasters.
The storm from the west had raised a lot of sand, and some areas looked like it had snowed.
The beach at Divi had washed mostly away, and the lockers on the dive pier had been destroyed, and not yet replaced. The main restaurant was put back in service while we were there. Food and accommodations were OK. Many good restaurants within walking distance of the resort. One called "Unbelievable" is highly recommended!
Snorkeling was very good for my non-diver wife.

Bill

Bill,
Thanks for the report. I stayed next door to Divi a little over a year ago and love the house reef (Calabas). You mentioned the beach at Divi washed away. How did the reef look? Did you do any night dives?

WW

The reef was mostly fine. There were a few shallower areas out at Klein Bonaire that looked like it had snowed.
The Divi beach was only about 10 ft of coral fragments. No sand to speak of, so shoes were necessary.
I didn't do any night dives, but others in my group did, and were very happy.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom