Trip Report: Back in Anilao - This Time Under the Acacia's Shade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jag,
What happened to the Acacia write up? I remeber reading it.. but now it's not online. Did the censors get it?
you're right... and it's not in trips/ marketplace...

what was there to censor for chrissakes???

Jag

I was on the boat with Migs for 5 minutes before they two popped their heads out of the water - screaming! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

RHINOPIAS! RHINOPIAS!!!

Penn found a rhinopias (weedy scorpionfish) right under the boat at about 12 feet just as they were coming up. They spent the last few minutes taking shots of it... I missed it by just a few minutes!!! ARGH!!!!

Thanks for the nice dive report. It brings back fond memories of Anilao. I'm surprised you didn't go back in the water for the photos! Many times in Anilao the dive guide would find something under the boat after I had returned to the boat. I always went back in when I saw bubbles underneath for more than a few minutes :)

One other thing - are you sure the Rhinopias weren't Ambon scorpionfish? Ambons are common at secret bay in 12ft of water where the boat parks. It's not a Rhinopia habitat there at Secret Bay, although I've seen them at several other dive sites in Anilao. It's quite easy to confuse them too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom