Trip Report – Ambergris Caye – San Pedro, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kokanee, I was just going to add Paradise Villas to my list. :)

tremendous amount of fake reviews on TA, best to avoid it.

I'm not sure I would go so far as to avoid it, but in any case he's just talking about spending one night. I have and can put up with a lot for just a night. The other advantages, proximity to the airport and a few other tourist hot spots, not in Belize City, make it at least worth considering.

I might add that the geography there isn't really what you might think of as jungle. It's more like highlands.

Bump.

Looks like we're staying at Sunbreeze Suites. Can anyone tell me what the nearest, as well as recommended dive shops are? Its hard to tell from just looking at googlemaps.

Bump.

Looks like we're staying at Sunbreeze Suites. Can anyone tell me what the nearest, as well as recommended dive shops are? Its hard to tell from just looking at googlemaps.

The onsite dive operator is Hugh Parkey's Welcome to Hugh Parkey's Belize Adventures Dive operators we helpful and friendly but saw few mature fish on the sites we dove. We liked the guys but there was a dive accident during the afternoon dive at Holchan Marine Reserve. Accident was probably not operators fault - 69 year old diver was waiting for heart valve surgery, never should have been in the water.

Stayed at Sunbreeze3 years go. Try Ramon's down the beach for dinner. Hotel was just OK, the coffee in the lobby was darn strong. Best thing we did all week was ATV tour to north nd of island.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom