Trip report 5/8-22/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zinmaker:
Great report, did you only do the one cenote dive, there is the Bat Cave as well at Dos Ojos. Usually I wait till the end of my trip to try and get a cenote dive in, since they are shallow, it is kind of a long decompression stop. You also get your gear washed in the fresh water, even though I wash my gear after each day of diving. The advantage of the cenote dive in the beginning of a dive trip would be a nice subtle way to acclimate into the 80+ degree Caribbean water :). Glad you had fun on your trip :)

We did two dives at Dos Ojos, and one of them was through the Bat Cave. We actually saw a couple of bats.

We did the cenote dive near the beginning of our trip for two reasons; one, because we were the early ones of our group to arrive and it would have been harder to tear away for a whole day after everyone was there, and two, because the last three times on Cozumel, we left the cenotes as an "if we have time" thing, and we never did.

ggunn:
Cozumel trip report
5/8-22/05

5/20 Villablanca at night – At least 7 octopus, and a school of about 15 reef squid.

Cheers,
This is my favorite site for a night dive/night snorkel.....where the heck did you find the octopus? All my sea friends seem to be in the same place every time I do this.....tip me off to where the octopus hang.

Thanks

Ron

Ron Brandt:
This is my favorite site for a night dive/night snorkel.....where the heck did you find the octopus? All my sea friends seem to be in the same place every time I do this.....tip me off to where the octopus hang.

Thanks

Ron

Most of them were pretty close to Caribe Blu, We went out to the second concrete block, turned left, and there were 3-4 of them fairly close together right at the beginning of the reef.

One piece of bad news, though. The seahorses that used to hang out there apparently have been poached, according to the guy that runs the counter at Blue Angel in the afternoons. He told me that he saw a boat pull up and drop divers with bags one afternoon a couple of months ago, and since then no one has seen a seahorse there.

ggunn:
One piece of bad news, though. The seahorses that used to hang out there apparently have been poached, according to the guy that runs the counter at Blue Angel in the afternoons. He told me that he saw a boat pull up and drop divers with bags one afternoon a couple of months ago, and since then no one has seen a seahorse there.
I can't even put into words how angry that makes me!

Besides that bit of bad news it was a nice report. Someday I'd really love to do that Turtles & Tarpons dive. What I would do with 14 days!

Sorry we missed ya this time but as you see from my timer we'll be there in a little more than 2 weeks. I feel exceptionaly lucky as this is our 2nd trip this year.

We're all still waiting on the pics :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom