Trip Pics from Philippines, N. Sulawesi and Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Calvin! Thanks for posting this! Sounds like you had a great time! Great article and awesome pics! I love the mugshot of the Titan Triggerfish in the album from the Philippines.....that one certainly brought back some fond memories!!

Thanks Becki! I love reading about other diver's trip reports so I figured it was time to ante up. Those triggerfishes sure were ornery when the flash went off, I've still got some holes in my fin and wetsuit to prove it!

thanks for the compliment, have fun there, just make sure you don't dive with Sulawesi Dive Quest, I had a horrible experience with them safety-wise, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. If you go to Bunaken I'd go with Living Colours, and in Lembeh I'd go with Divers Lodge Lembeh. Both are reasonably priced and have good facilities and DMs. PM me with any addtional questions!

Thanks for the trip report, Funkyspelunky. All very interesting points. The Philipines seems to be so more conveniently accessible compared to Indo dive resorts, which is a huge attraction me.

baragon, I have to agree that traveling around in indo was much more of a pain than the philippines, at least as far as manado was concerned. Don't get me wrong, Bunaken was in one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen for a dive destination, but the Philippines were just such a darn good value for diving and accommodation, travel and just about everything else. Lembeh Strait does offer the chance to see unique lifeforms, but its not anything like diving in warm reef waters, and its bloody expensive. I could stay for a month diving in the PI for what it would cost in a week in Lembeh.

funkyspelunker:
baragon, I have to agree that traveling around in indo was much more of a pain than the philippines, at least as far as manado was concerned. Don't get me wrong, Bunaken was in one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen for a dive destination, but the Philippines were just such a darn good value for diving and accommodation, travel and just about everything else. Lembeh Strait does offer the chance to see unique lifeforms, but its not anything like diving in warm reef waters, and its bloody expensive. I could stay for a month diving in the PI for what it would cost in a week in Lembeh.

Agree with the Lembeh part. I've never dived PI, yet, but all that I know that have dived there gave rave reviews. Shame for them that Indo and Thailand draw all the limelight in SE Asia.

Where would you recommend to dive first in PI ?? I'm eyeing Boracay for next year, simply because I like the name.

Sorry but couldn't resist spelling your name wrong before :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom