Trimming a Neoprene Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

needforspeed751

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to trim a used neoprene drysuit I recently bought because the neck and wrist seals leak too much for my liking. Any tips?

You want to trim it because it leaks? What am I missing?

The seals aren't tight enough around my wrists and neck. I need to cut out a wedge so it can be bonded together and then (hopefully) will keep water out of my suit

forgive me for asking an easy question; are you inverting the neck seal against your neck,no hair in the seal? As to the wrist seals make sure that there is no undergarment under seal..If the answer is yes to both,then you can try cutting out a wedge and repair it to tighten it a bit.

In a nutshell it's probably a razor blade or GOOD shears and wetsuit cement for neoprene seals. Remember that the neoprene is a 3 dimensional material. Cuts must be square and you must not squash the material down when mating the joints or they will loose their surface area.

The Airspeed Press book is worth owning.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom