trimix diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those who understand gas laws do not shake or roll the bottle. It is just a joke

I understand gas laws and I don't agree with you.

I do agree though that external cooling of a tank whilst it's being filled too fast is highly undesirable. It actually stresses the tank material more than letting it heat and cool naturally, though filling too fast is the main factor in shortening the life of a tank (especially an aluminum one).

I understand gas laws and I don't agree with you.

That's OK, You shake and roll, and you'll be happier for it. I'll let the gas mix by itself, and I'll be happy. Neither one of us will likely change the others mind, and that's OK, at the end of the day, we will dive our mixes, be happy, and life will be good. We don't have to agree, especially about something so trivial.:D

I do agree though that external cooling of a tank whilst it's being filled too fast is highly undesirable. It actually stresses the tank material more than letting it heat and cool naturally, though filling too fast is the main factor in shortening the life of a tank (especially an aluminum one).

Exactly, or at least I agree with you wholeheartedly, although I don't know if fast filling shortens the tank life more than over filling. I try to do neither.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom