Trick or Treat Down Under

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Last night was Halloween here and our first trick-or-treaters were locals...but they didn't bother with costumes!

88232emus.jpg

Our Emus are pretty friendly, but these guys had come in looking for a snack so I tried to stay out of their way a bit. They usually won't hurt you, but caution is a good thing and they WILL peck you. Standing just under 6' with a big beak and muscular neck calls for some distance.

8823emusyard.jpg

They eat the bugs and drink the water held in the grass. They also like breakfast cereal :) I think they are funny-looking but I love 'em. And, yes, this is our front yard!

8823emuportrait.jpg

This one was just sure I had something good to eat so came back for one last look before wandering slowly down the street to the next house.

They were in the front yard again this morning so am hoping they are back this afternoon for some more shots...didn't get many keepers yesterday due to pretty flat batteries and their insistence on trying to nuzzle into my pockets!

So ugly they're cute! Must be cool to have then run wild there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom