Tray / Arm recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AFAIK Inon America won't honor the worldwide warranty, only Inon Japan. Beware that you may only get a japanese manual as well. But I've had Inon America have to send things back to Japan to have them fixed, so I'm not sure there's that much of a difference, just someone to run interference. They are very good products and I've only heard of a few problems.

Personally, I think the Sea & Sea YS-110 is just as good as the Inon, especially with a P&S, except that the implementation of D-TTL leaves something to be desired. But I almost never shoot with TTL anyway, I find manual to be just as fast with experience and much more predictable. And it's quite a bit cheaper.

BTW, I give a one warranty on my hardware. That's a personal warranty, but I do back up the items.

The tray shown above comes in a two handle model as well and I agree that the right hand grip is pretty important.

OOTRAY-02.sm.jpg

I may be bringing in a new tray next month after they make a couple of modifications. Stay tuned. I'll post it here on SB for some feedback.

As far as where you buy, buy the strobe and see me for the rest if you want. I've used the Fantasea style sync cord for years, I think it's plastic velcro attachment is much better than the Inon's clip thingy.

Jack
(I am leaving for Bonaire on March 28th-April 6th, btw, no orders shipped then.)

Jack is correct on the warranty issue. You'll just have to work through the vendor where you made the purchase.

Thanks again guys.

Jack - you've got email.

Jack,
Just out of curiosity the arms on that look solid..doesn't Fantasea have a newer arm sort of build like ULCS?

Yes, I have them also in 7 & 9" lengths.
OOAR-07.sm.jpg

They are more expensive, but made by the same manf.

I've found these sort of rod style "dumbell" arms to be just as strong, lighter and cheaper. A 6" length is lighter than a 5" "brand U" arm by about .5 oz. It also has a lower profile in the water.
OOAB-06.sm.jpg

BTW, I have a bunch of older style 12" arms on closeout; I just lowered the price to 2 for $30!
12-arm.sm.jpg

Jack

Back
Top Bottom