Traveling with Damp Rid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Funny thing happened leaving Lubbock last time: I always standby close to the TSA luggage inspection until they inspect mine in case of questions, and the agent did ask me about my bag of Damp-Rid. I explained: "That's all moisture absorbers. The blue ones go inside my scuba camera, and the white stuff recharges the blue ones."
Damp rid.jpg
click for larger​

I was diving for six days and carrying two DC500s so going thru the Moisture Munchers @ 3/days including one for the strobe. I put recently used ones in a second bag with a bit of DR as the blue color comes back faster than full recharge so ended up opening a pack of new MMs. Inside the dark plastic bag they come in new, I had not noticed that they had turn pink. :mad:

:idk: So I just combined all my DR and MMs back to one bag and picked out the three darkest each morning. Seemed to work ok...

Slide show from Roatan: it's 389 pics, sorry - but you can select full screen first, then speed it up to play out in a few minutes, pause anywhere you'd like. The land pics were shot with my P&S Canon and were supposed to be loaded by date & time shot between dives, but I had my clock wrong on one camera so some are really out of place.

Wow, very surprised that got through an inspection. I use the Dry-Packs Silica Gel Canisters with the orange beads (not the blue, which contains Cobalt Chloride).

They work well and don't have to worry about any potential mess (beads or powder falling all over the place). Plus they are easy to reactivate and reuse.

Just google: Silica Gel and you will find a few sites that sell!

Oh the blue MMs don't raise attention, but the loose DR did - and you need that either way. First time I have seen it come up tho...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom