Traveling with a wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Artimas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Any tips on traveling with a wetsuit?

What about bringing it home when it's still wet?

If you are flying, then you need to wait a minimum of 18 hours before you fly (for most of us). Hang up the wetsuit and let it drip dry. If you are someplace warm, it works well outside. If you are in a hotel, hang it in the bathtub. All that extra water in the wetsuit will add weight, and may cost you money at the ticket counter when you try to check it if you don't dry it out.

If you are driving, many of us use one of those plastic tubs to keep from getting the inside of the car wet and causing it to smell later. You still want to get the wetsuit hung up and dried as soon as you can.

What Jim said. Make sure you wash or rinse it right away after your last dive (if you are flying) and wring it out and let it dry as much as possible. Also make sure you unpack it when you get home and wash it again.

What Jim said. Make sure you wash or rinse it right away after your last dive (if you are flying) and wring it out and let it dry as much as possible. Also make sure you unpack it when you get home and wash it again.

Yes! I always use that Aquaseal wetsuit shampoo when I get it back home, and hang it up to dry again.

If you'll be flying, pack a few large garbage bags in your suitcase......On departure day, you will have been out of the water 20 or more hours and simply pack your wetsuit in a bag---use the extra ones to line your suitcase & you'll be set to go.......good luck......also, add a few pounds of weight to your luggage weight upon returning if weight for flying might be 'tight' ....

With my 7mil I traveled with a HangAir device, not only did it let me have a dry suit for the flight home I also had a dry warm suit for the 2nd day of diving.

It's bulky but does the job

Back
Top Bottom