Traveling to Salvador Brazil, looking to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rolf

Reaction score
I reciently purchased a piece of land in Praia Do Forte Bahia Brazil (North of Salvador) and had a house built there. Have a vacation planned for April and as usual all vacations must include diving. Does anyone on here know of diving in the Salvador Bahia Brazil area? I know the snorkeling is great in Praia Do Forte but I have a need for bottom time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone looking to vacation in Brazil, I will be renting the beach front 4 suite house starting in June 2006.

Thanks

Rolf

rewardadjusting@comcast.net

Howdy from Texas and welcome to SB!

Okay, you're talking about the city of Salvador, in Brazil, South America. We do have a few members onboard from that part of the world.

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy: don

smiley-linie-011.gif

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. Please, do add a Profile Pic. You might even add an avatar (you know, the small pic on the left of this post). If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

Any questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by Sockpuppet Solutions Inc.

I have done great dives in Salvador, Bahia.
Don't miss the dive at CAVO ARTHEMIDIS. It's the biggest or one of the biggest wrecks in Brazil. A 180m ship wreck, not too far from the coast of Salvador.
I have done that dive 3 times in different times I were in the city. In a clear visibility day it's amazing!

Here is some more info:
Name Cavo Arthemidis
Date 09/25/1980
GPS -
Location Todos os Santos Bay- at 7.5km from harbour of barra, about the Banco Santo Antônio, in the front at the beachs of Ondina and Rio Vermelho - Salvador.
Depth (m) 10 - 30
Medium visibility (m) 5 - 30
Reason -
Condition Semi-entire
Charge Gusa Iron
Type Freighter
Nationality Greece
Measurement (m) 172 / 25

I hope you have fun!

Welcome to SB Rolf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back