Traveling to Belize in December 2021 - Covid Warning High Now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all who give input for our preparation to Belize. We just got back from a week at Ramon's Village Resort. We had an amazing time at Ramon's. The setting at RVR made you feel like you were in paradise. The restaurant was great. The staff in all areas were welcoming and helpful. The diving was great including a trip to the Blue Hole on Tuesday. The dive shop and the dive boat crew made diving fun and adventurous. The process in and out of the airport in Belize was no problem. Their safety and immigration process was orderly and efficient. Could not have been a better trip. We would go back in a heartbeat.

That's what I like to see. Glad you had a great time.

Next time, try going further south to Hopkins or Placencia (my favorite) and spend some time on the mainland exploring the Mayan ruins and jungle around San Ignacio and Punta Gorda. There's a lot more to Belize than just AC.

Yeah, I second the recommendation for the San Ignacio area. ATM cave is an amazing experience, and Caracol ruins quite impressive and (currently) not crowded at all.

That's what I like to see. Glad you had a great time.

Next time, try going further south to Hopkins or Placencia (my favorite) and spend some time on the mainland exploring the Mayan ruins and jungle around San Ignacio and Punta Gorda. There's a lot more to Belize than just AC.
Thanks!

Yeah, I second the recommendation for the San Ignacio area. ATM cave is an amazing experience, and Caracol ruins quite impressive and (currently) not crowded at all.
Thanks! We will go back.

Note that the US is at the same elevated level as Belize according to the CDC website Map.

Note that the US is at the same elevated level as Belize according to the CDC website Map.
The difference with the US is some states have much higher levels of positivits And others that are much lower. The cases per 1million in Belize (78,434) is actually half of what it is in the United States (153,242)

Of course, there aren't a million people in Belize either and the hospitals are not good.

Back
Top Bottom