Question Travel Tool Kit Items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3, 4, 5 Allen keys. Pick and O-rings. Adjustable crescent wrench (get a cheap one. My beautiful stainless steel piece was taken by airport security in Cancun). Stubby screwdriver with changeable bits. That's really all you need. Oh. And lots of cash. Cash is the best tool you can ever carry.

Offerings from DGX that I have found useful for basic tasks:

1644880512197.png

the third one from the left even has a Schrader Valve tool!

Offerings from DGX that I have found useful for basic tasks:

View attachment 707181
I ordered #4 on the far right from amazon, but I ended leaving it behind on my last trip; I found the wrenches were too short to actually use on my reg hoses, The remaining tools I could cover with a set of metric hex wrenches and my victorinox cybertool (swiss army knife). As always, your mileage may vary. I assume the wrenches work for someone! It's a good point though, I should probably consider a small cresent wrench instead of the bicycle wrench I currently carry (only two sizes, nothing fancy, but relatively light).

I like stainless tools

Wera makes some nice ones

1644892506346.png

1644892561821.png

Also Titanium is always nice too; my custom made adjustable with thin edge so you can hold Apeks XTX 2nd stage barrels from rotating while putting hose on

1644892687942.png

1644892701067.png

Also If you have Apeks xtx50's this tool makes for quick and easy lever high setting:
1644892829526.png

And Nut driver that fits your pipe clamp/jubilee bands for tank rigging is sooooo much nicer then using a flat head screwdriver that slips off and strips out the nut.
1644893019213.png

If you have DST variant of regs make sure you get 2 of these. sometime you need 2 because the environmental cap gets stuck and it really nice to have 2 to get it off
1644895583949.png

This little guy a life saver for changing LPI hose orings. Be for I knew about this tool I would spend like 15min with a little pick and headlamp trying to get the o-ring to seat inside that groove
1644895708924.png

Thin enough for inner nut of regulators, very precise, light weight.

The multi density plastic handles are nicer, but I have not seen them yet in the smaller sizes.

The single best tool I've found is the Pandora Multi-Tool Version 2.0, in titanium. You can actually open and adjust most 1st and 2nd (diaphragm) stages! It is about the size of a credit card. Stores in your pocket, wetnotes, or on a clip on a D-ring.

Hex keys 4,5,6mm, tank valve screw, wrenches 12,14,15,16, 17.68 (11/16 "), 19mm, pin spanner for 1st stage cap, ScubaPro hose wrench, inflator tool, bottle opener.
View attachment 707173
View attachment 707172
Available from a few dive shops plus Amazon.

I have the same. It stays in my wetnotes and goes on every trip regardless of how few extras/tools I bring. Day to day I’d obviously prefer individual tools.

edit: the mini knipex posted above are easily my favorite wrench.

Marsh Thanks for the pics. I am familiar with Wera tools, you cant go wrong with their product, I have some of them. Wiha is good also.

Where can I get the custom made adjustable wrench your showed and what size is that nut driver ?

Back
Top Bottom