Travel to the Caymans?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetDane

Reaction score
Hey -
I just realized that I have some FF miles to burn - enoghto get me to the "carribean" - however, I have no clue how far and just what is covered by that term - also is it possible to fly stright to Cayman or Coz?

any ideas?
Dane

Thanks Ron,

I'm coming from the US and just want to get the steps down - I am assuming that the main carrier may not take me all the way to the Caymans - but I have never been in the region and have no idea what the hops are...

I'll be studying this for now,
thanks again,
Dane

WetDane,

What city in the US are you leaving from to get to the Caymans?

DD,
that would be Seattle - I'm figuring I need a couple of stops to get there?!?!

Dane

I think your best bet would be to go thru Atlanta via Delta. You can get a non-stop from Seattle to Atlanta, and the a non-stop to Grand Cayman. Most other carriers go thru either Chicago or Denver with an additional stop in Miami.

Good luck!

If you have american express rewards or whatever they're called, you can convert those points into Delta points.

Or...if your miles are on American, they have direct service from Seattle to Miami and from Miami to Grand Cayman. You can fly SEA-MIA-GCM. Or, if the times don't work for you (i.e., no MIA-GCM connection available at the time), you can take the three leg route through Chicago (SEA-ORD-MIA-GCM).

Thanks Guys,

Miami to GCM - got it - I will have to look that up - I have pretty flexible miles I think - partner with Continental so there should be som possibility to get down there... at least now I know what airport to look for -
So question two is: what about Coz? simple as that as well - I have heard some good things about Coz - but since I have never dove warm water - I don't suppose it matters much...

Dane

WetDane, did you say that you haven't dove in warm water yet? HANG ON TO YOUR HAT, Baby. You'll be thinkin' twice about hitting icy water after either of your two proposed trips. The Cayman Islands are wonderful, and if you have the opportunity, grab a flight on Island Air or Cayman Airways to the Braq for some diving. A lot of the day boats will take you over to Little Cayman where some of the world's best wall diving can be found. Same thing for Cozumel. Santa Rosa Wall, WOW! And you'll go BONKERS as you jump into water the temperature of a bathtub. I'm anxious to hear how you enjoy the difference!

I just got back from GC two weeks ago. Another option is Continental has a nonstop flight from Newark,NJ to Grand Cayman. We stayed at the Coconut Harbor, which is south of George Town. It is simple hotel but has great shore diving at hotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom