Travel Stands for the MEG, KISS Classic and KISS Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkmail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have designed a stand capable of being taken apart for easy transport/packing. When packed/separated, the stand is shorter than the CCR.

I’m looking for some interested people that would like to be the first to enjoy this new stand option. I designed and built a prototype that works great. From there, I have made several improvements. I now feel the design is right for others to enjoy as well.

Designed to be compatible with the MEG and both KISS rebreather styles – The MEG and KISS Classic use 1 back plate; to use with a KISS Sport, simply change the back plate. A back plate of your choice is included with each stand.

If interested, you can order the other back plate style separately.

An optional Tank mount is available. This fits up to a 4.5” bottle - to be held away from the edges of the stand, allowing the attachment points to remain easily accessible.
(Cam strap not included.)

Features:
- MEG and KISS Compatible (Classic or Sport)
- Marine grade aluminum
- Easy to travel with
- 8 Attachment points (D-Ring style) on front and bottom – Sidemount compatible
- NO sharp corners
- Sits flat and balances well
- Optional Bottle mount Holds up to a 4.5” Diameter cylinder (ie, a 13cuft. Argon)
- Zip-Tie mounts on the handle for accessories or grip attachments
- Raises the CCR up – easier to don and doff
- Designed and Built in North America

Pricing:

Stand, handle, and a back plate $300 US

The ‘Other’ Back plate $60 US (Optional)

Tank Mount $60 US (Optional)

Shipping: Please Ask

I will need a number of orders in order to make a run.

If interested, please send me a message (&/or reply to this thread), with your name, location, and the unit you’re purchasing for.

As mentioned. I’ve had the prototype attached to my KISS Classic for some time, including a handful of deco dives. I am excited about the latest design & look forward to seeing many happy KISS and MEG divers out there.

Scott

Sorry for the poor formatting, I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted :(

Posting a pic would answer a lot of questions.....

-Tim
netmage2112 (at) gmail (dot) com

I saw Scott's prototypes at a local dive site recently. Looked really nice.
I'm in. PM me.

I need another plate like another hole in the heart.... (I know... bad pfo joke...) What necessitates your plate?

How is the new 'design' different than the prototype - specifically....?
When you say 'sidemount compatable' - what do you mean? Does the buttplate bolt onto this? or are you simply saying it won't interfere w/ mounting the buttplate?

I do 3/4 boat diving, so, getting tired of lugging the pelican box around as a booster...

How many do you need for a 'run'... we have a ton of meg's down here; any discount for 'group buy'/single shipping, etc...?

I need another plate like another hole in the heart.... (I know... bad pfo joke...) What necessitates your plate?

How is the new 'design' different than the prototype - specifically....?
When you say 'sidemount compatable' - what do you mean? Does the buttplate bolt onto this? or are you simply saying it won't interfere w/ mounting the buttplate?

I do 3/4 boat diving, so, getting tired of lugging the pelican box around as a booster...

How many do you need for a 'run'... we have a ton of meg's down here; any discount for 'group buy'/single shipping, etc...?

The main reason for my design - Travel size.

This design is a strong, functional stand that can be easily taken apart for travel. All the other stands I've seen are much larger than the unit itself. Mine is smaller.

The Main changes:

There are now 2 additional attachement points on the bottom, slightly angled and closer to the middle.

The whole unit is a bit shorter, but you can still get a KISS scrubber container off without removing the stand.

The handle is a little smaller and has some small slots in them for zip-ties - This is to allow for mounting a D-Ring or Zip-tie loops for hanging your accessories (ie, displays, computer, etc) somewhere off the ground.

You can also use these mounts to attach a split piece of tubing, to make the handle diameter to your liking.

I have posted some 3D pictures from my CAD program on the photobucket page (see link above) - I hope this clears things up a bit.

As for a bulk purchase ...

I should be able to save a bunch on the shipping, since it breacks down into a nice size. I'll have to check with the courier/post office once I know the size and weight of the package. (Each stand is about 4.5 lbs)

I may be able to do something with the price as well - it would depend on how many you would be ordering at one time - The more units, the better I can do. PM me with details and we'll see what we can work out.

I'll need at least 10 orders to make a run feasable.

Sidemounting - No need for a butt-plate. The stand width is about the same as most butt plates, and in roughly the same position on your body. I think if you used a butt plate, at the same time as the stand, you would have difficulty using the attachment points on the buttplate.

Anything else, just ask!

Scott

Scott,
Is there anything special about your backplate? And why the difference to accommodate the Classic KISS/Meg vs. Sport.... (I assume the plate is also AL...)

-Tim

Scott,
Is there anything special about your backplate? And why the difference to accommodate the Classic KISS/Meg vs. Sport.... (I assume the plate is also AL...)

-Tim

Standard SS Backplate with 11" Centers. (Al would work fine too)

The KISS Sport is smaller in depth than teh Classic or MEG, so it does require a slightly different backplate. It's a small, relativily simple part. Much cheaper to produce a seperate backplate than a seperate stand :)

Scott,
Got the stand a week or so ago, just got around to putting it on, I REALLY hate fussing w/ the meg clamps... Had to swap out one of the STA bolts for extra length, leaving the butt plate on for this weekend, as I'd have to rethread the harness all together to remove. Will report back results, it'll be nice not having the dang pelican box....!

-Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom