Travel (single tank) wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may also want to consider a Zeagle Express Tech. I think that the only sell the Deluxe model but you can easily build one using only the components you really want. It has a synthetic backplate and you can attach a 24, 30, 35 and 44 lbs Wing to it. Zeagle also offers a ripcord (30 lbs) or zip pouch (20 lbs) integrated system that can be easily attached or removed from the system or just use a weight belt if this it what you are after.
I own the basic version equipped with a 30 lbs donut Wg and ripcord system while my GF has the basic model with 35lbs horseshoe bladder and the zip pouch system. We used ours both locally and for travelling. It is light and takes very little room.

You may want to look at the minimalist Xdeep Ghost. The wing and back plate weight only 5 lbs. The wing itself is designed differently: it has a 'flatter' profile when inflated and 'hugs' the single tank for better trim. You can get accessories like an STA, trim weight and weight pockets.

It's too bad H doesn't sell their traveler wings separate from the stupid plastic BP traveler system, because they look almost identical to my old Pioneer 27, which is a fantastic wing for tropical water even if you want to carry the extra weight of a pony, deco tank, can light, DPV, etc., which would be a bit much for the DSS 17 I think.

Full al 80 - 4 lbs

Medium SS Plate and Harness -6 lbs

Modern Can Light -1 lbs

Reg -2 lbs

Total -13 lbs.

DPV??? Better hope it's neutral, if it isn't it will be um , ah well interesting to use.

Deco bottle? For a warm water recreational dive?

Pony? Whole 'nother discussion there too.

The DSS 17 was designed specifically for warm water divers in thin suit and al 80's, not technical dives with can lights, dpv's, stage and deco bottles, etc.

Tobin

DPV??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom