Travel Help??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have recently got into photo and my current setup is T2I W/ Sea&Sea housing along with a tokina 10-17 and a macro 60 with ports and adapters to use underwater. I usually travel with my wife so when we go we are packing for 2 already. I have a large gear bag that will get all our diving gear except regs and computers which we carry on the plane when we do travel. Now I need something to contain 2 reg setups in a reg bag and camera equipment along with tray and 2 YS-01 strobes. I am currently looking into this Lowepro - Pro Roller x300 or Tamrac - Model 5592 - Big Wheels SpeedRoller 2x Rolling Photo/Computer Case. I think a rolling bag will be best any advice and other recommendations will be great! I dont even know if either of these bags will fit in overhead compartment I mostly fly Delta and usualy can fit a good size bag up there.

The airlines are getting saavy to heavy carry-on bags. I used to put all my photo equip into a carry-on that ended up legal sized....but weighing 45 pounds. The airlines used to be cool about carry-on bags, but now most will weigh them. In Brisbane Australia, they have been real pains about the carry-ons. And you DON'T want them denying them on the plane, as they have done to a couple of people I know. I now check my camera gear (this terrifies me, but no bad luck yet). I have my camera gear in a TSA locked bag inside another cheap looking shelled suitcase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom