Travel booking process

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamarketing

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm helping a friend with his online marketing for his new dive center. He's in a dive destination, so really wants to reach out to dive centers around the world, but definitely in the US, to be a dive destination for dive centers, clubs, and organizations. This is an area I have no experience in, I've just been on group trips, but never actually organized them. If anyone who books dive travel for their LDS, club, or organization can offer me some insights into how they go about booking trips, I'd be greatly appreciative.

As the owner of a Dive Store and a Travel Agency I found that the commissions from the dive package alone is not enough to give North American dive centers the incentive to sell the dive package only. I also found that while the vast majority of people taking scuba today are doing so to visit "non" dedicated dive destinations, such as the one you are working with, there are no venues within the dive industry dive centers can purchase commissionable, competitively priced complete land packages, with flights, hotels, and airport transfers, comparable to what is available online and through bricks and mortar travel agencies, to larger mainstream destinations such as yours.

With my travel agency volume, as a host travel agency, I pay my travel agents, or partner dive centers, larger commissions on less expensive packages than I can find within the dive industry, to ALL of the major resorts in that area. Without access to commissionable, competitively priced complete packages that can be easily booked through the dive store computer, the dive centers are going to be reluctant to send guests to the resorts your client works with.

I am looking for professional dive centers that want to take their travel programs to the next level and offer complete package to ALL of the Caribbean, not just the dedicated dive resorts. This is not to replace their current dedicated dive resort group business, but to support and enhance it.

If you know of any North American based dive centers looking to book into the resorts in your area, please have them contact me and I will probably (not always) be able to pay them larger commissions, on less expensive packages to all larger resort areas than they can find elsewhere within the dive industry.

Back
Top Bottom