Travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my Zeagle Stiletto. I like having pockets and integrated weights. The Stiletto packs nicely and has the features I like for diving. I started with a scubapro super glide plus jacket but it was a beast to travel with. I looked at BP/W but as I said. I prefer built in pockets and weight integration. I suggest some diving with your top 2 or 3 choices before making a decision. That si one reason I support my local dive shop. I don't suffer any guilt trying out things in the pool because they know I will buy from them.

+1

Why is the rum always gone

My regular Halcyon BP/W system goes with me everywhere. Packs small, not too heavy, can bring whichever wing makes the most sense based on destination. I'd rather leave other stuff home than dive with anything else.

I have been traveling with my Cressi Travelite for a few years now. I'm extremely happy with how light and compact it is to travel with. As a matter of fact, I like it so much, I bought a second bcd for all the pool work I'm doing! I want to keep that Travelite nice and fresh and away from the pool!

I use a Dive Rite Aluminum BP with a 25lb Dive Rite Travel EXP wing. Just got back from Florida with it. Packed it in a Dive Caddy, and was very easy to transport.

This is what I've found in my research for a travel bc.
These are all back inflate, I don't like the jacket style.
I got all this info online and we all know that if its on the internet it has to be true. lol.

Dive Rite TravelPac / 25 lbs of lift / 5.8 lbs / $389

Dive Rite VoyagerPac / 35 lbs of lift / 6.0 lbs / $389

Hollis Ride Wing Travel / 23 lbs of lift / 5.5 lbs / $449

Hollis Ride Wing Travel / 37 lbs of lift / 5.7 lbs / $449

XS Scuba Companion / 30 lbs of lift / 5.0 lbs / $269

Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe / 24 lbs of lift / 6.0 lbs / $349

Zeagle Covert / 32 lbs of lift / 3.9 lbs / $429

Scubapro Litehawk / 54 lbs of lift / 6.0 lbs / $359

Halcyon Traveler / 30 lbs of lift / 5.6 lbs / $599

Halcyon Traveler Pro / 40 lbs of lift / 7.2 lbs / $799

You need to add the Aeris EX Lite. Leisure pro has them for like $180. Also, check out the new Aeris jetpack.

Another option is standard bpw or bpw with kydex travel backplate. Also, Sms50 or razor and single tank SM is an option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I travel for most of my dive trips and use a Aqulung Zuma. Within a year, I used the BCS for about 80 dives. No wear issues. I use 12l or 15l tanks - the fit is great.

I have a Wicked Lite, which is pretty much the exact same BCD (albeit with some unfortunate tribal designs on the fabric). It is really fantastic. Super light and minimalistic, but high quality, last-forever construction. Simple, comfortable, light and rugged BC with weight integration. The weight pockets are smallish and there is no other storage, but if you do not need pockets, Zeagle might just have made the best BCD ever...

Lightest, smallest, minimalist BCD.

Oxycheq Ultra Lite Soft Plate, DeepSeaSupply Tropical Travel Wing. Stainless steel D-Rings, Buckle and 2 Tank Cam Bands. Total weight under 4 pounds. You can go lighter using plastic hardware. The heaviest items are the stainless steel tank bands.

[vimeo]72577747[/vimeo]

Reactions: cib

Back
Top Bottom