Travel bcd help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fras85

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I am looking to buy a lightweight travel bcd. I have noticed 3 options that i am considering at the moment, these are:

Mares hybrid
cressi air
cressi travellight.

If anyone has any advice or experiences with these i would be greatful. At the moment i think the mares looks best but its a bit heavier than the rest. Im not sure abou the backLight bladder on the cressi air as i have never used this style before.

Most of my diving will be done in warm water around south east asia, hence the need for lightweight with the travelling involved.

Any other ideas on different bcds would also be welcome

Thanks in advance

I have some heavy stuff and have never had a problem with 50lb limit. I come close but I blame that on packing the dress shoes I never wear. Any BCD you pick will be within 1-2 lbs and that's either on wheels or in the belly of a plane. Buy what matters in the water and what works for you. It really doesn't matter to the pilot.....

If you want something that is very light and also weight integrated. Check out the SCUBAPRO GO bcd or they have the non weight integrated one that has been discountinued the GEO both very light but still give you enough lift to do what you need to do.

scubapro

one trade off with alot of the travel BCD is they trade weight for dump valves.
which ever one you settle on, make sure it has the dump valves where you want them.

I have the Cressi Travelight that I use all the time and I love it. It is very light, compact and easy to travel with, yet it is full-featured. I believe the new Air is a little lighter and is a back-inflate rather than a vest, like the Travelight. There are more minimalist models out there, but you start to lose handy things like D-rings and pockets. So, unless you have very severe size restrictions, I think you'd be happy with either Cressi.

Another vote or the DiveRite Travel Pac! Back inflation, SS D-Rings, light, more adjustable (adding d-rings, pockets, gear config) Etc..

Add Trim Weight Pockets to cam strap for weighting and keep a cleaner harness!

Dive Rite Travel Pac

There's also the Zeagle Express Tech, which is a nice compromise. Tends to be cheaper than a lot of the other travel BCs (stripped down version) but also accommodates a crotch strap, which several of the others don't. You can add quick release weight pockets, d-rings and all kinds of other stuff if you want or you can keep it simple. I've been looking at the Biolite and the Express Tech and I think the ET still wins for me, if I decide to get something other than a BP/W.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom