Travel BC – Scubapro GO or Cressi Air Travel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiger-shark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I need your help to choose a travel BC!

It’s time to retire my old Seaquest Black Diamond BCD and get a lightweight travel BC.

It’s too much hassle with overweight nowadays when flying with my full dive gear and camera.

I have looked at several lightweight and travel BC’s and read different reviews and threads about travel BC’s on SB. I basically have narrowed my options down to either Scubapro GO or Cressi Air Travel.

I’m looking for a BC with integrated weights, D-rings and preferably with at least one pocket. This is what I see as the pros and cons with the Scubapro GO and Cressi Air Travel.

Scubapro GO:
+Wight 2.5 KG (Size M)
+Two pockets with zippers
+Big aluminum D-rings
+Integrated weights
+Velcro waistband
-I usually prefer back inflated BC’s

Cressi Air Travel

+Wight 2.5 KG (Size M)
+Back inflated
+Integrated weights
+Two zippered cargo pockets (they are fold down pockets though)
-Small D-rings
-No velcro waistband

I tried both BC’s at my LDS yesterday. It felt that the Scubapro GO had a more snug fit than the Air Travel. The Velcro waistband made it feel more stable. My concern is that the Air Travel will not be stable in the water.

It also felt like the Air Travel was a bit stiffer around the waist, around the weight pocks. I guess this will change as soon as it used a couple of times. As I usually prefer back inflated BC’s I would like go with the Air Travel but the Scubapro Go seems like a great BC also.

I would really appreciate some thoughts from people that have dived with them. Does anyone have experience from Scubapro GO or Cressi Air Travel?

I dives the Go for a while and still have it. Like you say. It's. Good fit and snug. The quality as per scuba pro is excellently made. Quite durable.

I dried it overnight and the pnly items still wet (as in when I squeeze some water droplet comes out) is the weight pouch.. The straps are a little damp,but not dripping.

I got it in at a good price online... Hence no comment on price

Interesting that I came down to the same two choices. I have not tested them in store unlike you. I just went with the cressi just based on pricing. I got a pretty good deal online making it much (>$200) cheaper. For my size though it seems like the go is a full 4.4lbs Vs. 5.3lbs for the cressi so it is a full pound lighter. If you are interested in the Air2, the scubapro gets another plus...

I have a Geo (same as the Go minus integrated weights), I do like it a lot, very secure, doesn't feel like a travel BC when you're in it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom