Travel BC Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK - I don't want to beat a dead horse in the ground but i need some advice from Zeagle Scout OWNERS. I dove last year in 78 degree water with 10 pounds on my weight belt and my buoyancy was perfect. I had no wet suit on - just an under armour tshirt and shorts. It was chilly! This year planning on diving with a 3mm shorty. Which will require 4 more pounds? I don't like the weight belt so could I do 8 lbs in the rear pockets and 6lbs on the tank yolk? What would the best setup be to get around 14lbs? Spare the BP/W remarks for now trying to get by economically. :D

Last edited:
This looks promising: XS Scuba Trim Weight Tank Pouch
how about 8lbs in the rear pockets of the bc and one of these on the tank straps with 4 lbs. Anyone ever tried that sort of setup?

I have dove a scout for years. The issue you are going to have is so much weight on the back tends to make you turtle. I find about 10 lbs is the upper limit, at least for me. To be honest, 10 lbs with no wetsuit seems like a lot, I dive 4 in salt water with no wet suit. In any case, there are a couple of other options. If the Scout is the older model with no cumberbun, there are velcro fasteners where the waist strap attaches to the side panels. You have to look hard for them but they are there. I have on occasion opened them up and used them as a weight intergration pocket. Or you can remove the buckle and put a weight on each side of the waist band and do it that way.

We sell a little pouch that will attach to the top tank band...part # 8050S.

However, I would probably just put 7 pounds in each of the rear weight pockets and dive it that way. they will hold 10lbs per side.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,
Can you get the stiletto in a 24lb lift?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom