Trash or Treasure???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brian cooper

Contributor
Reaction score
I've just bought a large box of "diving bits" at a car boot sale, and this prompted me to think about how much trash or treasure must be laying about in all you lots garages / dens.

The lot I just got was all stripped down with pieces missing and Scubapro bits fitted to Aqualung regs, you name it and it was all mixed up together.
After a couple of nights work, with various manuals, I now have several complete or part complete regs, that I think that I have been able to identify:-

A scubapro mk5 with metal adjustable 2nd (109?)
A mint and complete Kawasaki X2 unbalanced piston set.

Regulator 2nd stage from a Kirby Morgan Band mask (18???) minus the exhaust tee piece and diaphragm but including the surface demand block connector and various bits of pipe work.

A Cressi sub copy of a Scubapro Mk5 1st stage (same basic shape as mk5 but small differences in threads and Cressi sub on the clamp bolt) a Scubapro metal adjustable 2nd stage, complete and now in working order. A Cressi sub 2nd metal box bottom and top but minus diaphragm, exhaust Tee and orifice block.

2 off Aqualung 1sts, a Conshelf 14 Diaphragm and an Aquarius (the one with the one piece body and yoke unbalanced piston) and a Conshelf 14 metal (without the adjustment hole/ plug) 2nd minus the exhaust Tee, but including a "bag full" of new poppets.

A mint condition and original Sportsways Inc Waterlung Malibu Diver (MU10383) Downstream reg with a second 1st stage, knackered piston and HP seat but including the obligatory PRV that fits straight in the 3/8"UNF port, c/w a 200 Atm SPG. as pictured on the Vintage scuba site.....I replaced all the O-rings and it works a treat...not your high performance reg but it works..

A Siebe Gorman Neptune 2nd stage box bottom/top/diaphragm and exhaust.....No other bits.
Various yokes of older vintage, looking at their size/strength

Does anyone fancy having a look in their bit boxes to see what they can come up with and maybe we can start a swop club. Do any of you require any of my bits of treasure/ trash to keep your little treasures in working /diving order?None of the bits are for sale for money but I will swop if you have something I need.

Cheers for now

Brian C

Back
Top Bottom