transportation on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Winch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Rent, buy or use public transportation in Maui

Anyone that has traveled or lived in Maui for a short time did you rent a car, buy a used one, use public transit or bring your own car with.

It's about $1500 one way to move a car from Phoenix to Maui. Hawaii Car Transport - Direct Hawaii Car Shipping Services

I've heard Matson might be cheaper but you have to deliver it to Long Beach. POV – Book Your Car – Matson: Automobile, Vehicle, Auto, Car Move Shipping Transport to Hawaii, Guam, Micronesia - Matson Booking

There is a decent local bus system on Maui. Good for moving around West Maui, South Maui or East Maui. IDK if there's across island service though. Maui County, HI - Official Website - Bus Service Information Once I also used a shuttle service in Wailea - found it in the phone book. $5-10? to go door-to-door nearby.

Best I've ever seen on car rentals is just over $200/wk for a sub-compact from Dollar. Not including the CDW or any insurance since that's on my CC.

Rent a car at first. Rates are comparable to the mainland, and there are some outfits that will rent you a car for cheap. Check out mauircarrental.biz and aloharents.com among others. Because there are tons of rental car outfits on Maui, there are lots of used cars for sale and you can get a good deal on a used vehicle there is you shop a bit.
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom