Transportation in Coz to Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just tell the timeshare guys that you don't have a credit card.
They now want a deposit of around $2000 put on your Visa, rather than the old way of just collecting a signature and sending a bill.
They'll come down from the $2000 to as low as $200, but if you don't have any plastic, they don't want you.

RichLockyer once bubbled...
Just tell the timeshare guys that you don't have a credit card.
They now want a deposit of around $2000 put on your Visa, rather than the old way of just collecting a signature and sending a bill.
They'll come down from the $2000 to as low as $200, but if you don't have any plastic, they don't want you.

The last time I went to Cozumel, the timeshare guys were inside the customs area (between immigration and customs) for the first time; I had a little fun with them. I asked the first one that approached me in a cheerful but assertive way, "What? Do I look like a tourist to you?" While he stood there trying to think of a rejoinder to that (of course I looked like a tourist to him, but he didn't want to say that), I grinned at him and walked away. The rest of them left me alone.

A guy approached me on the square about an island tour; I told him that I had been coming to Cozumel since before he was born (true), and did he want me to give him a tour? - all very good naturedly, of course. These guys are by neccessity thick skinned, but they enjoy a little banter over the outright rejection they are used to, and they give up their pitches pretty quickly when you respond that way. They also remember you and don't pitch you again.

The first time I flew into CZM, I was swarmed by the Timeshare guys.
My wife seemed to have a better grasp of what was going on then I did, being as she is from Los Angeles.
(women always know this kind of stuff) every booth the guys were coming out and welcoming me, and asking if I needed any help. I guess I must have had that look on my face, like Where the Hxxx am I , and which way is North, kinda look.

It seemed to me that all these freindly peoples offer of assistance was great, as I did not know where I was to go, nor where I could get transportation, So I was stopping and talking to these guys. My wife came over a abruptly pulled me away and told me what the deal was. I guess that's the country boy in me, don't know about the scams and salesmen.
Innocence... only once though!

once i flew into cancun and was approached by time share guy with a free trip to the royal sands where the would give us a free buffet, and snorkel trip to Cozumel.

I said sure. So they paid for our trip transport there and was given the whole timeshare spiel and how wonderful the Royal Sands was.

When the saleswoman tried to close the deal and asked us wouldn't we love to stay there. I said yes and that we were staying there through another timeshare

It was time to check in by that time so I asked about the free Cozumel trip

So it worked out

ggunn once bubbled...
These guys are by neccessity thick skinned, but they enjoy a little banter over the outright rejection they are used to, and they
Ya... we'll often have some fun with them... like when they approach, immediately LEAD with one of their lines, like "How long are you going to be here?" or "Hey buddy, where are you from?"

Sometimes we'll just lead with "HEY! Wanna buy a timeshare?"

Back
Top Bottom