Transportation from Cancun airport to Playa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ednedfred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Gang,

Been to Playa, Coz, Tulum etc. a number of times, however I have always been part of a travel group (American, Continental, etc.). As a result, my transportation has been handled from the Cancun airport to our hotel. Will be heading down in February and have booked things a la carte, unfortunately transportation is still TBD. Any thoughts on getting from the airport to The Royal in Playa. Not interested in renting a car.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

When I go to Cozumel I catch the bus at the airport into Playa. $8 to Playa and runs approx every hour. A cab from the bus station would probably be $5-10 to your hotel. The colectivo vans at the airport would be $24-28 per person. Sometimes a bit of a wait as they will not bring a van in if they don't have 8-10 people to fill the van. Lots of agents trying to sell you transportation so you need to be a bit careful. Just make sure that the colectivo will drop you off at your hotel. The wait can be a bit frustrating after a day of travel but it is Mexico and soon you will be at your Resort with a cold drink and diving to be had. Have fun!!

I suspect you already know this, but make sure that the price is agreed upon before you jump into the taxi/van. Maybe I'll see ya down there. I'll be at the Occidential Grand Xcaret in late February and will probably book some dives with Aquanauts. What about you?

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'll be at The Royal Porto in downtown Playa from 2/13 - 2/16. Diving with Abyss. Have a great holiday season.

If it is just you, take the ADO bus and cab it to the hotel. I am assuming that the hotel you are staying at is the Grand Porto Real at Constituyentes and 5th Ave. The ADO will run you 90 pesos and the cab 5-10US (you will get the gringo rate!). BTW, you do not want to walk from the old bus station to the GPR with your luggage. If there are 4 of you, grab a transfer from Playa del Carmen, Mexico's Virtual Guide Book : Playa.Info (under the trip planning tab). A small van will handle you and all the gear for $78. Pick you up at the terminal, drop you at the front door and a stop at the Mega if you ask. The larger the group the more sense it makes to hire private transport.

If there are at least four of you, I would recommend using Cancun Valet. It is a private van with a driver that speaks sufficient English. The roundtrip from the airport is approx. $130. They are dependable and we have used them multiple times with no problems. They also are good with last minute changes. Enjoy the diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom