TransPac-Which wing should I get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GulfDiver77

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am getting a TransPac and I am wondering which wing to get.I use about 20-24lbs of weight. Advice is appreciated.

I've found the RecWing and Large Weight Pockets to be versatile and useful.

Good Diving

I started with a Transpac+Recwing, and the integrated pockets. Switched to a 30# Oxycheq wing, and was able to achieve much better trim and buoyancy control. I think the Recwing was too big. I also switched from the integrated pockets, to a DUI W&TII, and liked it even move.

Now I dive a Hammerhead BP with the same 30# Oxycheq and W&TII.

I'd carefully look at your overall requirements and style of diving. The Recwing is a great wing, but FOR ME, I found a smaller wing a better match.

GulfDiver77:
I will be diving a single aluminum 80.
I dive the Travel wing, it's perfectly big enough for you. You could also use the Venture. (speaking only of DiveRite wings)

I really like the transpac with the travel wing for an aluminum 80. I use two-two pound trim weights on the upper D rings and it trims out rock solid.

I have a 130 with an aluminum backlate and an Oxycheq 40 wing, it trims out nice but not like the transpac-trim weight-AL 80 combination.

Hi, I don't plan on diving doubles as well (and I use ~24lbs of weights) and I'm happy with the venture (30lbs of lift) wing. The travel wing has the same lift, but has an elastic outershell, which makes it more streamlined. Most divers I know recommned not having buoyancy 5lbs over your weights, as BCD over-inflation can affect your balance and streamlining on the surface and underwater. If you feel more comfortable with more lift, the Trek wings, with 40lbs of lift should suffice. I believe most other wings are for doubles.
Dive safely.

I use a TransPac and a travel wing with a Steel 100. It is streamlined as hell, and offers great trim. The rec wing is way too big for an AL80.

Here's another vote for the Travel wing. The Venture wing would be my next choice.

I also use the pair of 2 lb trim weights atteched to the 1" d-rings on the backpac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom