Transmitter Wrench

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

optimator

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a wrench that fits the transmitter for the Atom. All the wrenches I have are too thick and bind between the nut and the regulator body. In biking I'd use a cone wrench, but I haven't found anything similar. I saw a shop that had ground one flat. Any ideas?

Is it metric or imperial? If Metric why not just use a cone wrench? If it's imperial, why not just use the closest size metric cone wrench?

I'm trying to find a wrench that fits the transmitter for the Atom. All the wrenches I have are too thick and bind between the nut and the regulator body. In biking I'd use a cone wrench, but I haven't found anything similar. I saw a shop that had ground one flat. Any ideas?

Borrow a grinder? (actually not a bad idea, since you can take a $2 wrench and 10 minutes of grinding and have the perfect tool)

I have the same problem with my Uwatec. A standard wrench won't get in there.

By some stroke of luck, the wrench for my router fits perfectly and is less than 1/4" thick. Maybe you and your reg should take a trip to Home Depot and see if they have anything.

Terry

The router wrench! What a great idea! - but too bad for me - the one I have is too big. I guess I'll go the bench grinder way.

I had the same problem. I use a small crescent wrench that is thinner than a normal open end box end wrench. I also found that a wrench out of my motorcycles onboard tool kit fit and this wrench was ultra thin. (Probably because of cheap manufacture, not neccessity) Hope you have luck!

Just buy one of those dollar wrench's and grind it down, done.

Hi. I also had the same problem and found the following solutions:
1. I bought a set of scuba tools that are flat (INNOVATIVE CONCEPTS 2 Piece Divers Gear Wrench), but the quality was poor and damaging the transmitter's nut.
2. Snap-on produces a line of slim wrenches (Snap-on Tools) that works well but that is expensive. I bought the one that I needed of eBay.
3. Craftsman (Sears) retails a set of slim wrenches that i have not tried but seem to work (Craftsman 4 pc. Standard Tappet Wrench Set - Model 44189 at Sears.com).

I hope that any of these solutions helps you resolve your problem.

I use a scuba tool for most of my hoses, but not for the Atom transmitter.

I don't use a wrench on the transmitter. It doesn't need to be tightened that much. Hand tight works great for me.

I hand tighten my VT3 and just snug it up a bit with the leatherman I keep in my gear bag. Works great and doesn't damage the nut at all.

Back
Top Bottom