Transmitter Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strategy?.......act NOW, try to get in front of the rush?
Act later, maybe much later, after the rush has died down?

I got the notice and spread it around. In one group i was told off for "pushing the panic button". I actually thought i was doing some good. heh. I've called the sole distributor in my town and now i know what to do. i'm sending it in this weekend. its better to be safe than sorry.

H
I got the notice and spread it around. In one group i was told off for "pushing the panic button". I actually thought i was doing some good. heh. I've called the sole distributor in my town and now i know what to do. i'm sending it in this weekend. its better to be safe than sorry.
How did you get the notice?
Mail, email?
Are you a customer or a dealer?
P.S.:
Asking because I got no notice so far, even so I am quite sure I registered (in the US)...
And because my Eon Steel + sender moved from Germany to the US in 2015... and of course I would like to figure out how to do this right and get helped as customer rather than being victim to some outdated territory protection scheme by being "punished" for "not living in one place alone"... and being asked to ship it to Europe and paying for returnshipping or some such thing...

H

How did you get the notice?
Mail, email?
Are you a customer or a dealer?
P.S.:
Asking because I got no notice so far, even so I am quite sure I registered (in the US)...
And because my Eon Steel + sender moved from Germany to the US in 2015... and of course I would like to figure out how to do this right and get helped as customer rather than being victim to some outdated territory protection scheme by being "punished" for "not living in one place alone"... and being asked to ship it to Europe and paying for returnshipping or some such thing...

Got it from my Instructor actually. He's a dealer.
Attached is the notification. Looks like it came in an email to him.
He then conveyed it to us via WhatsApp group.
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-06 at 18.39.56.jpeg

then there were appendixes
WhatsApp Image 2017-07-06 at 18.44.03.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-07-06 at 18.44.53.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-07-06 at 18.45.28.jpeg

Thats how i got to know.

According to these documents, Suunto won't charge us for this recall.

I don't think this notice is territorial. I remember reading "worldwide" somewhere...
Even if you're travelling, suunto wants you to send it to a local service centre a.s.a.p.
You can also request a service pick up, at no charge.

In my case, when i called the local sole distributor here in KL, they told me that the LDS who is the only authorised service centre had already been briefed and instructed to accept any transmitter at no charge.
Due to potential limited parts (which have yet to arrive), I was also given the option to have Suunto Hong Kong send a FedEx to my location for collection, and later return, all without charge. This request is to be done online.

I'm sending mine in this weekend and will be keeping a close eye on these thread.

I'll update on how things turn up.

btw, I registered my devices at MySuunto.com and had the "I want to be the first to know..." option ticked.
never received anything from them thou.. :)
So its good that we have this board, it keeps everybody informed.

Thank you @Hou s4m !

MySuunto.com and had the "I want to be the first to know..." option ticked.
never received anything from them thou.. :)
So its good that we have this board, it keeps everybody informed.
I am quote sure I did that too. Also never received anything.
I will have to wait a bit as right now I am an ocean away from my sender and when I get back I need to use it... then I guess I send it in or bring it to a local LDS ... TBD...
Yep, lots of reasons to like SB.

I have to admit Sunnto has made this pretty easy, especially using online.
Box it up, fill out the form, print the label, call for pickup, track it, wait for the repaired unit to arrive back at your address.
Hardest part is reading the serial number off the case.
Really no need to even have a dive center involved.

FYI .... I stopped by my LDS who happens to be an authorized service center and they did the recall service on two transmitters in about 20 min or so. They changed the cover but did not change the battery (They were new anyway). They also added some sort of flow restricter to the HP Inlet.

My LDS called today.... they said they are trying to get the parts to do the repair in-house. Sounded like they were required to call anyone who has bought this transmitter and they said it goes back years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom