For Sale Transmitter FCC Type MH8A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hilljo88

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
View attachment 507683 SOLD! I believe this is the standard transmitter compatible with Shearwater Perdix, Hollis, Oceanic and Aeris. I used one as a backup 2nd transmitter with my Perdix. I got this from my LDS and decided I don’t need it. It’s still in the package, never wet. New list price is $350.

Price $275.

I could use a backup.

Any chance you can show a photo of the sticker on that bag so the serial numbers are visible?

Could you do one easy test on it? The VTX manual states that the transmitter turns off when the pressure goes below 50PSI, but my transmitter seems to turn off at about 325PSI. What does that one do?

drowiley: I'm sticking with $275 as a fair price for a while. At $275, I will absorb PayPal fee and shipping in CONUS.

DanSinks: I think the unit being in an unopened wrapper better represents its condition than if I take it out and use it.

You should consider emailing customer service about your unit and see if they have any advice for you about why it shuts off with low pressure.

drowiley: I'm sticking with $275 as a fair price for a while. At $275, I will absorb PayPal fee and shipping in CONUS.

DanSinks: I think the unit being in an unopened wrapper better represents its condition than if I take it out and use it.

You should consider emailing customer service about your unit and see if they have any advice for you about why it shuts off with low pressure.

I think he got a good deal at $275.

I failed to mention that the Oceanic/Huish web site states that the transmitter shut off will occur at 300PSI.
Was just curious if some transmitters shut off at a lower pressure, like my manual states.
Maybe I should have started a new thread with that.

I think he got a good deal at $275.

I failed to mention that the Oceanic/Huish web site states that the transmitter shut off will occur at 300PSI.
Was just curious if some transmitters shut off at a lower pressure, like my manual states.
Maybe I should have started a new thread with that.

On the transmitter I use with my Perdix, I have gotten below 300. Before anyone shouts at me for risking OOA, I'll claim that i was just breathing off Nitrox at the surface after pushing NDL limit.

None of my four shut off above 150 psi. Small sample size but that is what I have seen. If there is a time delay then what I am saying may be in error. I can only say that I have breathed all four down to 150 psi and they have read all the way down. I have not stopped breathing at 200 and waited to see if they would time out. If they stop transmitting at a point above IP pressure I would call that a design flaw. This post is off topic but it appears the point of the thread is becoming moot with the sale moving into funding.

You've said this in two threads now, but I cannot find that statement on their website. Can you supply more information?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom