Transitioning to Technical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I thought I would update this thread a bit. I have just finished my Naui Tech 1 class. It was an intensive three weekends of classroom, drills, mock deco and then the real thing. The class is Adv nitrox/decompression/helitrox. So the outcome is I am now certified on trimix to about 150. The complete blow by blow of class is in my blog and I have attached a link to my signature line now.

This weekend will be my first post class deco dives. Saturday we (some of my experienced tek friends and I) are heading to The Spiegel Grove to do a nice 45-60 minute dive, max depth 110. Then Sunday we are heading to The Hydro Atlantic. She is a natural wreck sints in 175ft, but the deck is 150 so she makes a perfect dive for me. Plan is 25 minutes at 150ft. I did one of my check out dives for class on her and I can't wait to get back and see some more.

Wow that is a great summary of your activities, and I applaud you for your effort and how serious you have taken this wonderful aspect of the sport! I look forward to hearing more from you!

yay kim!

and yay tammy - update your thread when you get back!

Kim, would your instructor be Lesley by chance? She mentioned a student named Kim and your instructor is a woman so I'm thinking my math adds up. :wink:

I did my AOW with Les last year and did some pleasure dives with her this past June... by far my favourite dive buddy!

Oh, and congratulations to both you and Tammy! :)

Kim, would your instructor be Lesley by chance? She mentioned a student named Kim and your instructor is a woman so I'm thinking my math adds up. :wink:

I did my AOW with Les last year and did some pleasure dives with her this past June... by far my favourite dive buddy!

Oh, and congratulations to both you and Tammy! :)

Yes Lesley is my instructor. And IMHO a fantastic one. I am planning on doing cave 1 with her this winter and hopefully Trimix 1&2 next spring summer.

Thanks for the update & congrats!:crafty: I finally have the dates set to finish my full cave course. We will be doing it Aug.25th- the 30th. Now I just have to get my ducks in a row & get it done.

Kewl. We'll be waiting for the report

Back
Top Bottom