Transfer-Update Oceanlog Dive Logs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garner

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I used Oceanlog for my Datamax Pro Plus on Windows XP. When the Pro Plus went haywire, I traded it in on a Pro Plus 2. I recently bought the new cable and downloaded a new version of Oceanlog to a Windows 7 computer. Is there a way to merge the old dives into the new version? I tried what Oceanic suggested on their website and it did not work, i.e., .mdb file could not be decoded or accessed. There was no .dlg file in the old version. Thanks. Garner

Can you upgrade the version your old dive logs are stored in, to the version you have now? (a newer user friendly one?)

Can you upgrade the version your old dive logs are stored in, to the version you have now? (a newer user friendly one?)
Oceanic states their new version requires an uninstall of the previous version. Scary thought. I might try downloading new drivers into the old version to see if I can load new dives in the old version. That's not what I would prefer to do though. Also the files type seem completely different, not just the same files with different names. Garner

What's on their site is incorrect go to the help menu in the new program under features. Or call the toll-free (866) 732-7877.

I had partial success by installing another version of Oceanlog on another computer running Windows XP. I then was able to import the dives from the earlier version using the mdb files to import as Oceanic suggested. I then downloaded the new dives from the dive computer into this computer. All the dives downloaded successfully except the ones from this year. Weird. I tried to download the files again but could not select any dives. I guess the software thought they had already been downloaded. I still have not been able to transfer the dives to my Windows 7 computer but it may be because I am running Oceanic's Beta Version. I have emailed Oceanic to see if they have other suggestions.

Thanks to all those that commented. I did get all the dives in one location by using a different version of Oceanlog as Down-under suggested above. My previous remark was in error as all the dives did download. However, since I had dives dating back to 1999 it downloaded the 2010 dives after those as year 2000 files--funny stuff. And I thought the Y2K bug was a joke. Thanks again everyone.

Garner

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom