Transfer hoses...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver

Contributor
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this but here goes anyway!!!

My question is:
I have a set of 50CU doubles that I almost exclusively dive with...
I would like to know if anyone knows how to:
1) Either put together a transfer hose -or-
2) Purchase the beast altogether

I would like to transfer from the 80CU aluminums to the doubles...Up in Minnesota , we had a couple of guys that carried transfer hoses around with them and it made it SOOOO handy for filling from other tanks "on the road" per se!!!

Of course , I will be gettnig a din-to-yoke conversion plug so I can go yoke-to-yoke
on the fills...

Any ideas???

My thanks in advance

Jean

jeandiver:
I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this but here goes anyway!!!

My question is:
I have a set of 50CU doubles that I almost exclusively dive with...
I would like to know if anyone knows how to:
1) Either put together a transfer hose -or-
2) Purchase the beast altogether

I would like to transfer from the 80CU aluminums to the doubles...Up in Minnesota , we had a couple of guys that carried transfer hoses around with them and it made it SOOOO handy for filling from other tanks "on the road" per se!!!

Of course , I will be gettnig a din-to-yoke conversion plug so I can go yoke-to-yoke
on the fills...

Any ideas???

My thanks in advance

Jean

I bought a transfer hose to use when I was out of the country. I bought it through Bubbles Below in Woodinville Washington. It was expencive but worth every penny because the hose allowed Me to fill the scuba bottles from a set of BREATHING AIR (MEDICAL GRADE AIR). Believe it or not there is a MSDS written on the breathing air!
I believe the cost of this hose is around $300 but when there isn't a compressor available then the castcade system is the only way to get the air into the bottles.
You can get to Bubbles Below by going to the website: www.bubblesbelow.com...............Bill

You're going to need a LOT of 80s to get a set of doubles full!

MikeFerrara:
You're going to need a LOT of 80s to get a set of doubles full!

Actually , it isn't necessary to fill them completely....I just want another extra 1000 PSI or so to top them off between dives...
An 80Cu would will my doubles from 1000 to about 1800 PSI which would be GREAT for a 2nd dive !!!!

Jean

jeandiver:
Actually , it isn't necessary to fill them completely....I just want another extra 1000 PSI or so to top them off between dives...
An 80Cu would will my doubles from 1000 to about 1800 PSI which would be GREAT for a 2nd dive !!!!

Jean

When we are diving from a boat, can't bring 2 sets of doubles, can't come back to port inbetween and want to do 2 dives, we just use that extra 80 as a stage. We drain it on the first dive leaving plenty in the doubles for the second dive. You have to carry that extra tank but more of the gas is useable and you don't need to mess with filling.

Leisurepro has transfill whips for 120-145$ depending on whether yoke or din. Do a search for "equalizer."

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom