Tranquility Bay on AC or Turneffe Atoll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I'll be trying Huracan next time I hit Belize. TIR jumped the price $400 per person this year over last, and while they were great, I suspect Huracan is on the best locations daily that Belize has to offer.

While I can't comment on the Turneffe resorts, I've just returned from a week at Huracan and can honestly say it deserves the positive reviews it gets. Diving was excellent (especially with only 4 people on the boat) and most dive sites are only three or four minutes out from the dock. The lodge was nice, the food was excellent, and the mosquitos were easily manageable. They also do two dives in the blue hole and two dives at half moon cay whereas most operators can only offer one at each location because of travel time.

But in commenting to SusieS (OP), teenagers would likely get very bored there.

Well, we have finally decided. We are going to Blackbird Caye resort next Friday. We are very excited and we'll let you know how it is.... Also going inland for three nights, going to ATM cave, etc. Happy diving!

Ditto that. And be sure to write a trip report, including the mainland tours. No detail too small. :D

For whatever reason, there aren't many trip reports here from Blackbird Resort so I'm especially interested in learning more about it. One advantage BR has over Turneffe Flats and Turneffe Island Resorts is that BR has its own runway. I'd like to know if you have to catch a cab over to the Municipal Airport or if they can just fly directly from Goldson. Either way, it should be a big time saver.

Have fun!

Ya man....Turneffe rocks. Some places are fishier than others but I haven't been to a spot there that wasn't really nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom