Tragic accident, St. Lawrence, Rockport, Kinghorn wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EPS

Reaction score
On Saturday February 4th, 2006, Steve McAuliff lost his life in a tragic accident while diving the Kinghorn in the St. Laurence River at Rockport. Steve leaves behind his grieving widow Héléne, and daughters Mélina, 4, and Cynthia, 6.

All who knew Steve remember him as a gentle and friendly man with a quick smile and an unassuming manner. He will be missed by many.

A trust fund will be established for Héléne, Mélina and Cynthia to provide them with financial assistance to help them through these difficult times.

Details of the trust will be posted when formalized.

DandyDon:
That accident has been discussed on this thread: Fatality in Rockport, Ontario - 4/Feb/2006
Yeah, I read the thread. I just wanted a new thread that deals with the human side of the tragedy and not on speculation and technical debate. I have known Steve for 12 years, I know his wife, and I know that some help is needed. I couldn't think of a better forum to get the word out.

EPS:
Yeah, I read the thread. I just wanted a new thread that deals with the human side of the tragedy and not on speculation and technical debate. I have known Steve for 12 years, I know his wife, and I know that some help is needed. I couldn't think of a better forum to get the word out.
I see, wish you'd mentioned that on the thread. My condolences on the loss of your friend...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom