Trader Rating System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mar Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is the Trader Rating System only for transactions conducted as a direct result of a sale/purchase/exchange in the Gear/Equipment Classifieds?

Or, for example, if someone from Scubaboard purchases something from me directly, can we rate each other?

Our requirement is that the transaction relate to a thread started in the marketplace. It doesn't have to be a gear sale, it oculd be a service, a trip, or anything else that is posted in the system. It should be noted that we are redoing the classifieds system right now so this may be a mute point in a few days.

Tech Admin:
Our requirement is that the transaction relate to a thread started in the marketplace. It doesn't have to be a gear sale, it oculd be a service, a trip, or anything else that is posted in the system.
So this means, that because I posted in "Group Trips", I'm stuck with a trader rating?

Laurens

Edit: apparently only in the Market Place forum.

The notice only appears in certain marketplace forums to indicate what your history is like, this may as times not be applicable but we have tried to limit it to only relevant areas as best possible.

What happens when a buyer or seller has a problem with the other, makes the mistake of rating because of that and automatically gets burned with an undeserved negative rating by the person who actually was the problem?

Tom

Like with all feedback systems if a listing is incorrect or a bold faced lie all you need to do is report it and an administrator will investigate and remove the rating if needed. If we find that someone had no basis for the negative rating at all but was merely trying to be malicious they may, depending on the circumstances, be warned or have account privillages revoked. We try to keep an eye on trade ratings but like everything else, there is too much for the moderators alone to find; user reporting plays a major role in what is addressed and what is not.

Back
Top Bottom