TRADE - DSS 30 lb wing for 40 lb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeQ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
DSS 30 lb wing - Very Good condition - 40 dives - trade for 40 lb wing in same shape. Van Nuys, Ca.

DSS 30 lb wing - Very Good condition - 40 dives - trade for 40 lb wing in same shape. Van Nuys, Ca.

We sell comparatively few LCD 40's so your chances of find a trade aren't great.

We sell *LOTS* of LCD 30's. Why? Because for most divers in California that's an appropriate size given the water temps and exposure suits used.

If you are trouble setting up / using your LCD 30 I'd suggest giving me a call before you start changing gear.

A bit of perspective, not too many years ago most recreational divers used no BC.

Diving has changed a bit, larger cylinders and more buoyant exposure suits, but it's useful to keep in mind what is possible with careful weighting.

Tobin

Hey, Tobin.
The 30 is not adequate for the back plate with plate and the full 120 hp. The set up sinks. Would prefer the 40 and keep plates on. I have ditched the plates for a weight belt in the meantime.

There's a guy in San Francisco who's trying to sell me his 45# singles wing, but I was really only looking for a 30#er. If you don't get any hits here I might consider trying to set up a 3-way.

Hey, Tobin.
The 30 is not adequate for the back plate with plate and the full 120 hp. The set up sinks. Would prefer the 40 and keep plates on. I have ditched the plates for a weight belt in the meantime.

I do not recommend mounting all your ballast on your rig, it makes the rig very heavy and leaves you with no ditchable ballast.

For a cold water single tank diver it's much better is to have ballast roughly equal to the weight of your gas (120 = ~10 lbs) in a belt.

I recommend you take off the weight plates or get a less negative cylinder. I assume you are using the 3180 psi faber 120's These are very negative tanks, ~-7.5 lbs empty, and -16 lbs full.

What's your plan for dealing with a buoyancy failure?

Tobin

I do not recommend mounting all your ballast on your rig, it makes the rig very heavy and leaves you with no ditchable ballast.

For a cold water single tank diver it's much better is to have ballast roughly equal to the weight of your gas (120 = ~10 lbs) in a belt.

I recommend you take off the weight plates or get a less negative cylinder. I assume you are using the 3180 psi faber 120's These are very negative tanks, ~-7.5 lbs empty, and -16 lbs full.

What's your plan for dealing with a buoyancy failure?

Tobin

was the OP looking for advice or a trade ?

even after the OP explains why he wants to trade ? and theres alot of threads about non-ditchable and ditchable weights seems OP knows what he wants.

Thank you all for your concern.
I had this rig set up or planned out from the get go.
I probably should have skipped adding the weight plates.
I carry about 6-8 lbs on a belt now.
Carrying 18 lbs. on a belt was my option.
Wet suit 7 mm blues. I add a 7 mm vest and I'm carrying a ton!
I would like a wing that will float my rig.
What make is the 45 lb wing in S.F.???

Back
Top Bottom