Tough stand-by

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to enable policy that if possible......that we use less than lethal means after a prolonged time...where a weapon is not present.....This is a prime example.....a good Taser would work wonders in that situation :)

hollywood703:
I am trying to enable policy that if possible......that we use less than lethal means after a prolonged time...where a weapon is not present.....This is a prime example.....a good Taser would work wonders in that situation :)

Situation dictates of course. The use of a taser may not be wise if he was standing on a railing or side guard and its use would cause him to go the wrong way. After that amonut of time I would assume they had resources located below just in case.

20 hours: patience and a good psych cop

obviously if he is on the rail no shot, but if moves back even a few feet......most departments will not use it, I know ours highly discourages it in this instance, however, i think it should be used more often than R&O.

I don’t know if you guys got to see the video or not but he was well away from the railing when they tried to Zap him. Afterwards he ran back to the railing climbed up and over it and then jumped.

Their dive team was below should he hit the water which he didn’t.

Sad sad story.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom