Tough Exit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ziongyal:
What kills me is that the cameraman (or maybe camerawoman who knows) kept filming! Isn't this when you help someone because they are obviously in need?

Not too sure of an easy way to help that diver!

Oh, I felt so SORRY for that diver . . . Being ladder challenged myself and all.

Clearly the Monastery exits must have been the key, because neither Peter nor I embarrassed ourselves to that degree on the scooters, at least where it got caught on the tape, anyway.

yes, never allow video, thats what I say.

Looked pretty fun, but he should have dropped sooner...that might have helped. And he needs to watch the wave sets and get his timing down. Looks like Sea Caves over here...I like boats myself.

Watching that, Ive decided to only dive solo from now on. Nobody around to spread my mistakes on youtube :p

I would have liked to see if the second diver faired any better climbing the ladder. Perhaps someone needs to invent a dive elevator. Doesn't seem too difficult use an old shark cage, rig a pulley and counterweight system and use a winch from a jeep. Although I suspect the salt air would corrode the hell out of the motor.

Where I was just diving in the Isles of Scilly UK our boat did have an elevator, quite steady too, it was basically a still cage with one two sides open, hand railings inside, and it was pulled up a metal track by a winch from the front of an suv.

It's like climbing up a Jacob's Ladder that's over the side of a reseach vessel at sea. Timing is everything. You've got to get close, go up and down with the surge, get your fins off, let the water lift you, and the grab on with your feet on a rung. Then hang on for dear life whilst you let the water drain, them scurry up before the next swell hits. This chap seems to be lacking "scurry."

I can remember being the last diver out and reaching the ships rail on the ladder and my work study student Nick was standing there to steady each of us we came aboard. Just as I reached the top Nick said, "What is your name? What is your quest? What is your favorite color?"

So I answered, "Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!" and launched myself backward into the sea. The Captain wan't real happy, muttering under his breath something about "skylarking," but everyone else on the ship was doubled over holding their sides.

And yes, we watched waaaaaaaaaay tooooooo much Money Python on that cruise and rewrote "Brave Sir Robin" in honor of the Chief Scientist to whom we'd sing the ditty whenever he went over the side.

ziongyal:
When/where are you diving next tigerman? I'm sure we can arrange to have cameras rolling.... (j/k) :)
The coming week in a lake in Norway, If weather is decent :wink:
Guess you wont be able to be able to film me personally for that dive :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom