Tough Buddy Separation Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The point of the question is what is the best plan? If you agree to search for one minute, do you agree to search for one minute including inside the wreck, even though you agreed not to go inside the wreck?
Those are different questions - and also seem to be different from what the OP asked. But to answer these....

You should agree to do whatever it was you agreed to do. If you don't think it was a good idea, then you should not have agreed to it. If you had previously agreed not to go inside the wreck, then you should not go inside the wreck. To me, it's fairly obvious. I don't see what's so difficult or hard about it.

But if you get into the habit of NOT doing whatever was agreed to before the dive, when it is within your power to do so, then I'd have to question your dependability as a dive buddy. What's the point in agreeing to something if you're not going to do it? Now - if it is a matter of doing something you consider unsafe, and then you decide not to do it because you consider it unsafe - that's no defense because you shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place (please note: "you" is the general you, not YOU specifically, RB).

Cheers!
ND

Back
Top Bottom