Totally newbee Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gunther49

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a canon A640 Camera in a Canon UW housing. Is there any reason why a pair of Fantasea LED 44 Light Yellow Body / cat # 6080 Lights Mounted on a handle assy. won't Provide enough light to use the camera with flash turned off, letting camera adjust for light ?

Other problem with using a dive light or similar for shooting underwater is that the strobe freezes action. When I first got my camera, I tried the divelight trick, and while it lit the subject, all my pictures were blurred because any movement of the camera or subject showed in the picture. In a strobe lit picture any blurring is underlit, so you don't really see it except as dark background.

I have a canon A640 Camera in a Canon UW housing. Is there any reason why a pair of Fantasea LED 44 Light Yellow Body / cat # 6080 Lights Mounted on a handle assy. won't Provide enough light to use the camera with flash turned off, letting camera adjust for light ?

All of your photos will look like your buddies are shining their dive lights into your frame.

N

I appreciate the Thoughtful answers, explaining why it won't work, instead of the trash I so often see on other posts of people just wanting to spout off.

Thank You

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom