Question total sidemount system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsfinn57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi. Planning to start sidemount soon. Anyone had any experience with Andrew Goring's total sidemount system. I am short of stature and short torso( getting older sucks). I have heard that the xdeep will be hard to fit and this would be a possible solution, besides it does look nice.Any info would be much appreciated.

the mexico style harnesses are height adjustable just like the sump uk, so the xdeep should work too, only drawback is that the spine pouch may not work for you if you shorten too much

Height of 177 cm is not an issue. I know a 170 cm sidemount diver who uses the Razor system and has even received AN/DP certification based on the sidemount system and dry suit.

I recommend trying all the well-known ready-made systems first, if possible, such as Xdeep, Razor, K2, and others. After a few dives, you may want to make some adjustments and it might be time to consider customizing/purchasing your own system. I use the K2 and I'm happy with it.

what made you decide to switch to sidemount diving? I'm considering it too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom