Tortola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlames

Reaction score
My wife and I are taking a bareboat for 10 days through Tortola, St. Thomas and St. John. We leave in Late October and are staying for 10 days through the first week in November. While it's all beautiful diving, we don't want to miss the great diving spots. Any recommendations will be appreciated.

That's hurricane season. Last time I was there, Hurricane passed right through Tortola. Very interesting experience but I was hiding safe and dry in Baskin in the Sun REsort. I would constantly check weather report a few times a day if I'm on a sail boat. Hurricane George totally destroyed WindJammer sail boat and killed ALL 31 crew on board.

As for places to go, I had a great time at "The Bath" on Virgin Gorda. Big boulders line the beach and created many swim through from the open ocean into the "pirates hideout". Rumors had it that pirates used to hide their loots under the boulders....

Reef off Anagada is also a great UNTOUCH spot! Over 100 shipwrecks around the outer reef of this island. The tallest part of the island is only 28 feet above sea level, and the beaches on this island were protected by outer reef full of elkhorn corals that are just below the surface. Sailors don't see the reef until it is too late. Bring your own equipment and tanks as this island is undevelop and I'm not sure if you can find any dive shop, or one that is open during the hurricane season.

I still lost my breath thinking of the reef off Anagada...... It's untouch and healthy and very remote. I stayed on the beach for 2 days and don't meet a single sole. I had the whole stretch of beaches for myself and the only thing I need to wear was my sun glasses and the grins on my face. I snorkeled and free dived all day. If you go to BVI and you like untouch reef, you need to go to Anagada.

jlames once bubbled...
My wife and I are taking a bareboat for 10 days through Tortola, St. Thomas and St. John. We leave in Late October and are staying for 10 days through the first week in November. While it's all beautiful diving, we don't want to miss the great diving spots. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom