Topside tips getting to Chichen Itza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went with a group of about 6 people last year, and we just hired a van cab through the cab company rep at our resort just outside Playa Del Carmen. I don't remember the price, but I just remember it wasn't too bad of a price for all of us... We did Coba and Chichen Itza the same day, with Coba early in the morning, getting there before the crowds/busses came..

I highly recommend going to Coba in the morning so you can climb the big pyramid without crowds of people in the way, then do Chichen Itza after. Either way, no matter which ruins you see and how you get there, they're worth the trip, I think.

I'm heading back with my girlfriend next month for a dive trip in Playa Del Carmen, so we'll try and do the same thing again on a non-diving day... (hopefully very few of those, haha)

Back
Top Bottom