Top Killer of U.S. Travelers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The traffic in Jeddah really impressed me. I think the only traffic rule is "Inshallah"
I never saw so many Mercedes piled up and mated in my life.

Funny you mention that. I was in Jeddah in 91 right after the Gulf War. We were catching a flight back to Gizan and were about 40 miles from the airport with 20 minutes to get there. I get in the cab with a driver in the white gown and red and white checkered head dress with a full, gray beard. I looked at him and asked, "do you think we'll get to the airport in 20 minutes" and he said, "Inshallah" and took off at breakneck speed. It was wild. And we missed the flight anyway.

If you can drive in Northern NJ you can drive almost anywhere. I say almost because when in Cairo our Egyptologist warned us about the driving habits of Egyptians. Their cars pass inspection only if the horn works. That's it. The only way to cross a street is to get a taxi. The stop lights are there only for decoration. My wife missed a lot of sightseeing in the city because she had her eyes closed.

Back
Top Bottom