Top goto's for Restaurants currently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did a quick search, but didn't see much for 'restaurants'.

Saw the thread on chineese food that we will def check out. I had no idea there was chineese there honestly. What are some other great local spots, perhaps even under the radar?

We always like Between 2 buns, the crepe place (that is now closed), and a pizza place just north of town.

The one thing that I probably am not looking for is higher end, fine dining....

Edit: From some FB group searching, a starting group....

Capriccio Italian Restaurant
Joe’s Restaurant
Sebastian’s.
Maiky Snack
Sunday is pizza and pasta night. Reservations recommended.
Cuba Compagnie
Bobbyjans
la Cantina
Julian's downtown. Delicious and very reasonable, same for Bon Woki
Eddy's is great!
We discovered a new favorite—IRIE Jamaican Cuisine.
Pasa Bon pizza
Patagonia for steaks.
Bobbe Jan’s for ribs.
Doner station is excellent
Divers Diner-
Mi Banana
El Fogon
Karel's Beach Bar
Posada Para Mira
VIP Grill Bonaire
Sushi express
Fresh Market Bonaire
IRIE Jamaican Cuisine Bonaire
Bon Wokkie
Bon Tapas

Bon Tapa is my absolute favorite. Good atmosphere, nice staff, amazing food, fair prices.

Make sure to read the comment pinned to the top of the comments section as some things have changed. For dinner; La Cantina, Sebastians, El Fogon, Mi Banana and Cuba Compagnie are always good. And don’t forget Kip Tukkie! He’s out in front of Van Den Tweel on Wed/Fri/Sat.

@soldsoul4foos add Umbrella to your list for a regular place.

For more informal places:
Kite City food truck at Te Amo beach by the airport.
Hang Out Beach Bar and Caribe Food Truck in Lac Bay.
In Rincon on the way to the park, Kos Bon So.
20220805_124632.jpg

20220805_124645.jpg

20220805_124748.jpg

Hmm. I had wanted to edit the post as more spots come up that could be added, but it doesn't look like I can. Anyone know if there's an 'edit post' limit?

Hmm, I veto Divers Diner. Good happy hour but food is only ok.

Hmm, I veto Divers Diner. Good happy hour but food is only ok.
But, I like Divers Diner, just avoid Fri and Sat night. SOME of the stuff on the menu is outstanding...like the fish tacos. Sharing an order of Walking Sticks for an appetizer is nice...

I'll put El Mundo on the list. They have an "Asian Buffet" that is really a rijstaffel (with rendang!) and they also have Nasi Goreng with Sate. Ask for sambal on the side.

You can always get a good and interesting meal at Ingridients (at Buddy Dive), but one of the best meals we've had in Bonaire (of the places still open) was at Joe's Restaurant.

Without question, lunch is terrific at Kite City food truck, and at Between 2 Buns.

Everyone has a different opinion. We were just on Bon and had very good, well priced meals at Mi Banana, Julians, Between Two Buns and Roos. Roos has an interesting Surinam menu but if you go, be prepared to wait a long time for your food. We were not impressed with Blennies. We suspected the food had been pre cooked and re heated. There were four of us, each having a different entree and no one liked their meal. We were dumb enough to go back for Pizza night which in hindsight was a mistake.

Mi Banana is our go to. They do very tasty fresh fish in Creole sauce.

We went to Sugar Thief for some beer this evening. We were just planning on eating leftover pizza at condo tonight. As soon as I saw their tacos, our dinner plans changed. It was my favorite meal of our vacation.

Back
Top Bottom