Top 3 of 2013 ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giant Starry puffer (Arothron stellatus)
OLY E-M5, 18mm, 1/320s, f/5.6,ISO:200, 2 X S&S Ys-D1 — at Dibba, Fujairah, UAE
1-P8230070-PST.jpg

Ostracion cyanurus - Bluetail trunkfish (Female)
OLY E-M5 in Nauticam Housing, 60mm OLY macro lens, 1/320s, f/14, ISO: 200, 2 X S&S YS-D1 (with dual-electronic sync cord) — at Dibba, Fujairah, UAE
P8080108-Edit-2.jpg

Pixy Hawkfish — OLY E-M5, 60.0mm, 1/320s, f/10.0,ISO:200, 2 X S&S Ys-D1 — at Dibba, Fujairah, UAE
P8080029-5.jpg

www.facebook.com/BurhanMuntasserPhoto

I've never had a crinoid jump on me -- I think it would be cool!

They are so cool, but I have never been fortunate enough to have one jump at me either!

In Indonesia, there were some that were the most amazing, rich, wine-red color . . . I wish I had my laptop so I could look for a shot of one!

They come in all sorts of colors. I think they make great subjects.

View attachment 173405

I included one in my top three pics:

10305545276_520fcb04e0_c.jpg

There are smaller crinoids of another species in the background in that pic (less pretty ones, in my opinion). I've never had any jump on me, I think I might be a little creeped out.

Last edited:
Giant Starry puffer (Arothron stellatus)
OLY E-M5, 18mm, 1/320s, f/5.6,ISO:200, 2 X S&S Ys-D1 — at Dibba, Fujairah, UAE
View attachment 173422

Ostracion cyanurus - Bluetail trunkfish (Female)
OLY E-M5 in Nauticam Housing, 60mm OLY macro lens, 1/320s, f/14, ISO: 200, 2 X S&S YS-D1 (with dual-electronic sync cord) — at Dibba, Fujairah, UAE
View attachment 173426

Pixy Hawkfish — OLY E-M5, 60.0mm, 1/320s, f/10.0,ISO:200, 2 X S&S Ys-D1 — at Dibba, Fujairah, UAE
View attachment 173427

www.facebook.com/BurhanMuntasserPhoto
Thanks for posting the giant puffer! I saw a few of those in Africa and didn't know exactly what they were. Of course, I knew they were a puffer but not the variety. I tried to search on Giant Puffer and didn't find much.

Thanks for posting the giant puffer! I saw a few of those in Africa and didn't know exactly what they were. Of course, I knew they were a puffer but not the variety. I tried to search on Giant Puffer and didn't find much.

You are welcome!! They are funny looking, all head and very little body. Here is another picture of one being cleaned. I can identify 6 shrimp doing the cleaning.

1-1-P8090191-Edit-LR5-001.jpg

What I dont like about the giant starry puffers is that when you find a REALLY big one, you don't have another diver available to put in the frame to show how truely massive the can get :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom