Tool Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Find out what length the tool used for the torque measurement was. From there you could measure yours and compute the variance. If it is truley sensitive in that respect... the info should be available. Or you could just snug it up.

Dano(auto mechanic, scuba diver)

sauga:
I hate to use the "C" word, but the Craftsman stuff is much cheaper and widely available. I'm guessing they want you to torque certain parts, hence the reason you would need* them.

John

*Note: Yes, I am aware that there are other reasons for needing a set of these. However, for regulator rebuilding, access is generally not an issue, and if it is, it's usually addresses by a special tool.

Not to hijack this thread, but what is wrong with Craftsman tools?

I have several boxes filled with them; they always work and I have never had Sears refuse to replace one for me.

So much for a "lifetime" warranty.

garyfotodiver:
Not to hijack this thread, but what is wrong with Craftsman tools?

I have several boxes filled with them; they always work and I have never had Sears refuse to replace one for me.

So much for a "lifetime" warranty.
heh...Craftsman tools probably dont meet DIR/GUE brand name specs...JUST KIDDING! ITS JUST A JOKE!

Creed:
I am collecting tools to do my first regulator rebuild(a Conshelf XIV). The manual talks about "crows-foot"(9/16", 5/8",3/4",1-3/8"). I have had conflicting responses as to what exact tool they are referring to. Can someone point me to the correct tool? Thanks.
try out the Peterbuild website,they have a wide range of scubatools.Peace :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom